OpenBook converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic text format on your PC, using high-quality speech and the latest optical character recognition (OCR) technology. OpenBook is innovative software designed to enhance success for people who are blind or have low vision who need access to printed and electronic materials.
Use OpenBook to read books, magazines, and bills. OpenBook identifies columns and places them in logical reading order. Change the language setting to read foreign language documents with native speaker voices.
The low vision features of OpenBook allow you to tailor the appearance of text on your screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors. A Split View option allows for easy comparison of the original document and the results of OCR conversion. Masking and Word Spotlighting features synchronize with the text being read, making it easy to follow the screen position during reading.
- Support for Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10
- Convert printed text to natural, human-like speech in many languages
- Powerful optical character recognition provides editable text
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Powerful low vision features tailor the appearance of text on the screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors
- Lightning-fast OCR with the PEARL document camera
- Automatic page capture for efficient document acquisition
- Versatile document navigation and management tools maximize your productivity
Business and Classroom Features
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books and other materials from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Add comments and highlighting for increased productivity
- Emboss Braille documents directly from OpenBook
- Export to other applications like Microsoft® Word®
- Common key commands with JAWS® and MAGic®
- Built-in photocopy functionality
Scanner not included.
OpenBook supports 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista® and Windows 2008 Server, 32-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server, and Windows 2000 operating systems.